Click here for safety tips and regulations.
- Never leave anything of value in plain sight. Place all shopping bags in the trunk, do not keep them in the front or back seat where they are visible.
- Always have your keys ready when approaching a car
- Never leave pets unattended in your vehicles, especially during the summer months.
- When using public parking lots, be sure to use a key or the tool on the parking pay box to push your money fully in the slots.
Responding to panhandlers
- If a panhandler asks for money, acknowledge with a nod and reply with a firm "no."
- If you feel threatened or harassed in any way, find a Security Ambassador (or call 509.353.9111), call the police, or step inside a business and have someone call for you.
- For information about connecting individuals with city services, call the Spokane City Help Line at 509.755.2489.
- You can help those in need to receive the services they require by giving to your favorite charitable organization. See Real Change Spokane for more details
If you are alone
- Walk confidently and stay alert.
- Walk in well-lit areas.
- Be aware of those around you.
- Hold your purse or bag close to your body.
- Don't overburden yourself with bags.
- If you need to walk somewhere that makes you feel uncomfortable, call the Security Ambassadors at 509.353.9111.